1. Are there any restrictions on applying for a program? (Business registration etc.)
Any startup with ideas and skills is available.
It is not necessary as a business registration at the time of application, but after selection, you need Business registration of your company to receive program support.
2. Is it possible to apply for start-ups that have already won the same item in other competitions or have already been invested?
You can also support start-ups that have already been invested or have ideas on winning. but,
If there is a contractual condition that conflicts with the C.LAB program, it may be restricted.
For more information, please contact us through 1:1 inquiry board of the C.LAB website.
3. Is it possible for a team or individual to suggest multiple ideas?
You can suggest multiple ideas, but you can not win a double award.
4. Is there a limit to the number of team members?
There is no limit to the number of team members. However, we recommend application by team rather than individuals to implement ideas.
5. How will the results of the submitted ideas be announced?
The results of the document examination and interview can be found on the website of C.LAB. And the selected team will receive a seperate email from us once the reviewing is done.
6. To whom do you submit your ideas?
The proponent has all rights, including intellectual property rights, to the ideas proposed in the selection process of the program. Samsung Electronics uses all the ideas and related materials submitted by the proponents to the extent necessary for the purpose of reviewing and evaluating the participants of the Program.
7. Who owns intellectual property rights to proposals not adopted such as patent, utility models, and copyrights?
Samsung Electronics does not have the rights to proposals not adopted. However, Samsung Electronics including its employees is constantly developing new functions, technologies and Biz Models. Therefore, Samsung Electronics can independently develop similar technologies, components and Biz Models, regardless of the proposer's suggestions. Please note that Samsung Electronics can develop it in the past, present, and future.
8. Who owns intellectual property rights such as patent, utility models, and copyrights and all other rights arising from this program?
The results arising from the program belong to the partners. However, Samsung Electronics has a preferred right of negotiation on the outcome of the incubation and can use it at a reasonable price.
9. What happens if the proposal is similar to the proposal registered by the other proposer?
If there are obvious differences in the implementation of similar proposals, they are judged and reviewed by different proposals. However, in the case of proposals that are remarkably similar or identical to each other's proposals, the candidates for the proposal will be selected based on whether the application is for intellectual property rights, the specificity of the proposal, and the date of creation.
10. Is there a penalty in the case of dropping out of the program?
If you unilaterally leave the program without prior agreement, you may be return the grant you received and you may be disadvantaged in future program support.
11. If there are recruitment announcements from several divisions in the same period, is it possible to apply for all divisions?
Recruitment announcements held during the same period are all the same program offering the same benefits. Therefore, duplicate application is not possible.
Since one ID can be used in one competition only, please apply to the one division that is related to your product/service. (ex. Mobile Communications, Home Appliances, etc.)
12. What is the difference between each recruiting division? (ex. Mobile Communications, Home Appliances, etc.)
If you are selected for this program, you will be provided with common benefits such as development grant, residence space, etc.
However, apart from the above mentioned benefits, mentoring and opportunities for business cooperation review will be supported by each related division.
It is best for you to apply to the one division that best relates to your business area. (ex. Mobile Communications, Home Appliances, etc.)
13. How many people can be accomodated for the each private offices? Is it possible to extend it?
We provide the private offices (each can accommodate between 6 to 16 people) for the companies selected for our incubation program. All facilities are avaible during agreed period.